Business optimization in a digital age
We were promised that marketing one day would become rocket science. Well, we are almost there! Search continues to become more complicated, and more exciting. Then there is social, email, display, video and... so many more things. It is hard to understand how to do one thing right, much less try to do all of them right. In this exciting keynote, Avinash will share his unique perspective on balancing multiple media channels, leveraging super awesome metrics, grounding your digital existence in driving economic value and leveraging the clear line-of-sight model to ensure you are optimizing across all four of the most important business drivers.
Integrated marketing - What does it mean?
As the debate on what to call SEO continues and much is made of the terms "content marketing" and "inbound marketing" many in the industry cite integrated marketing as the answer. But what exactly does that mean? This leading panel of experts will discuss the meaning of the term and the merits of a fully fledged integrated marketing strategy.
- How should brand marketers execute integrated marketing across 14 very diverse markets?
- How do you plan, create, execute and measure cross-channel tactics for advanced digital marketing initiatives?
Mike Grehan, Publisher, ClickZ & Search Engine Watch, Producer, SES Conference & Expo
Nick Fawbert, CEO, Third Space Asia
David Lee, Head of e-Tailers and Social Commerce, Dell Asia-Pacific/Japan
Yean Cheong, Head of Digital, UM Asia-Pacific
The inbound marketing cookbook
The evolution of marketing technology lets consumers be proactive instead of reactive. It's not just about purchasing decisions: now consumers can also influence their peers. Marketing is no longer about who can shout the loudest. With your customers doing their homework, if you can't be found in an instant, you risk losing out to your competitors. We all know that traditional 'shout' advertising has to change, but how? This session will show you how content-based and conversational marketing can create a strategic mix, and how you can combine search and social into an umbrella marketing strategy.
- Understand the nuts and bolts of inbound marketing
- Develop winning inbound marketing content
- How to create an inbound marketing plan by integrating search with social
- Measuring inbound marketing
Eddie Choi, SES Global Advisor, Executive Director, Milton
Delivering ROI through social media
Everybody talks about ROI, but do we really understand the role has it played in the growth of online business, and is that understanding still relevant as online morphs into social media marketing? What impact has the evolution of social, from the fringes to the centre of the digital eco-system, had on brands formulating a digital marketing strategy? What does the future look like, with developments like social e-commerce, social ad exchanges, custom audiences and social search, and how might they yield further ROI opportunities? This session will illustrate what ROI means for the social media marketer and the critical steps to achieving it.
- Understand what ROI means for your strategy
- What do you need to know about the growth of social?
- A step-by-step-guide: Social media strategies to drive ROI
- Case studies of brands achieving social ROI
- How to spot and be ready for future opportunities
Case study: The SoLoMo revolution
SoLoMo - social networks, location services, and mobile phones - is making retail one of the new frontiers in digital. Social networks not only provide branding opportunities: their fan pages provide a way for consumers to express preferences and share promotions. Location services and mobile identify customers when on point of entry, providing loyalty opportunities. This session presents case studies based on mobile apps and social network apps that give consumers instant benefits, and the effects this has on sales, page views, and brand awareness.
- Powerful mobile tools to market to your loyal customers
- Leveraging customers' social networks do the heavy lifting in advertising
- How to let real world transactions create word of mouth advertising
- How to use transaction data to target advertising and customer communications
- How to measure and compare ROIs in social and mobile
SEO keyword optimization is about processes and tools. Getting it right can mean a high ROI, getting it wrong can mean spending millions chasing your tail, disappointing stakeholders and clients. This session will reveal processes and tools gathered over the last 10 years working with Google, Baidu and other search engines in Asia, including identifing and filtering SEO landing pages, choosing the ones that really matter, how to get your initial list and shortlisting keywords for each page/type.
- How to avoid burning time/money tip 1. Checking keyword popularity, conversions and ROI
- How to avoid burning time/money tip 2. Do competitor analysis fo the keywords
- Going after secondary SEO keywords
- Techniques to discover hidden patterns and create rules to generate high quality landing pages
- Using homegrown and off the shelf tools to make the process easier
Max Sim, Head of Regional Digital Marketing, JOBSDB
How conversations are disrupting marketing
Marketing has long been the voice-sharing medium of choice, with the key to success being a balance of SOV/SOM. Now, digital is disrupting this model. Businesses are learning that it's not about shouting the loudest, but rather about engaging with the audience and delivering a brand experience which goes beyond the product. This session will dig deeper into how positive conversation is influencing sales and what it takes to start and then evolve into a dialogue.
- What is conversation sharing and how does it work?
- A step by step guide to using positive conversation to generate and grow opportunity
- Measuring success: what metrics and milestones to watch out for
- Troubleshooting: recognizing and reacting to the warning signs
- Case studies of brands which have successfully engaged consumers in shared, positive conversation
Neeraj Gulati, Executive Director, Digital, Universal McCann
Case study: Innovative approaches to ecommerce success
This case study will show you what you can achieve when you take a revolutionary approach to regional online shopping behavior.
- How to understand and respond appropriately to your consumers
- What do you need to know about technological innovation?
- How to formulate creative communication across your business culture
- A step-by-step plan to developing and implementing a comprehensive, cutting edge e-commerce strategy
An effective paid search strategy won't work without best practice tactics. It means getting the right level of keyword depth, well written ads, optimized landing pages and an account structure that maximizes your possible quality score.
- What's hot and what's not in paid search
- How to optimize mobile and tablet opportunities
- Secrets to perfecting your PPC landing pages
- How to spot and harvest easy wins
- Bidding strategies
- A/B splits and multivariate testing
What's next in social media intelligence and analytics?
So you are tweeting daily, updating your Facebook status and blogging on your website. Maybe because you feel you need to, or maybe because everyone else is doing it. Maybe you're also trying to integrate social media intelligence and analytics to optimize your marketing and corporate communications. This session will offer a peek into the future of social media intelligence and analytics.
- What value do these efforts bring you and how do you measure the return you get?
- What should you be doing next to build your social media intelligence base?
- How can you use all these skills and data to reach the next level?
Kelly Choo, Co-Founder and Managing Director, North Asia, Brandtology
Panel discussion: RTB: Blessing or curse?
RTB is seen variously as the ultimate innovation and a highly inconvenient distraction. But what is it and is Asia ready for it? How can you maintain business as usual when the whole discipline of media trading is being turned upside-down? Who stands to gain and lose? Is RTB a replacement to ad networks or a whole new workflow for digital marketing?
- Understand the importance of first party data and how it will change the roles and make-up of marketing departments
- Learn to leverage RTB across channels
- Adding RTB to current marketing tactics, both traditional and online
- How to use a DSP and DMP to extract new insights
Matt Harty, Asia-Pacific General Manager, Accuen
Mikko Kotila, Founder and Chief Executive Officer, Statsit
Cindy Deng, Managing Director, Asia-Pacific, Turn
Link building tools and tactics
The penguin update has rattled many websites in the first half of 2012. This practical session will cover actionable tools like Open Site Explorer, SEO Tools for Excel and Screaming Frog to audit your backlink profile and discover exactly what links you need. Using examples in gaming, recruitment and retail, you will get to grips with which link building tactics are working in 2012, and learn real life examples and tactics that have been used successfully on large ecommerce sites. You will learn how to:
- Find your competitive edge and how to stand out from the crowd
- Quickly analyse your backlink profile to discover what links you need
- Create effective strategies from the ground up
Building campaigns for multiple platforms and multiple markets
The biggest challenges facing a marketing manager today are the proliferation of media channels, diminishing ROI from traditional media, declining customer attention spans, mushrooming user generated content and demands for ever more marketing accountability from the CFO. Learn how Dell has applied their deep understanding of customer target segments to build winning campaigns across diverse platforms and markets.
- How can you measure the cross-pollination effects of multiple media channels?
- How do you put multi-channel attribution and other models to best effect?
- Learn to optimize cross-channel media plans for paid, earned and owned media
Anil Srinivas, Director, Online Business & Consumer Go-to-Market, Dell
Reshaping consumer marketing through gamification
Gamification holds tremendous potential value to brands and agencies as a strategy to increase customer engagement, loyalty and advocacy. However, marketers have struggled in planning, deploying and scaling gamification in their campaigns and loyalty-building efforts. In this session, we'll look at what has and hasn't worked with gamifying brand experiences, and how brand marketers and agencies can make gamification work more effectively in the marketing mix.
- A framework for evaluating if gamification is suitable for your brand
- Learn how to create unique brand experience extensions with proper blend of novelty, challenge, emotion and loyalty
- Pitfalls to avoid when planning and designing gamified programs
- Know which gamification tactics and measurements to incorporate into your programs to maximize marketing effectiveness and ROI
Pushing printed paper online
Augmented reality is transforming how publications and brands look at printed content and advertising and the possibilities and applications are as vast as the imagination of the brand owner and the agency. This session shares the journey from fiction to reality, with a case study on Fairfax CIO magazine, the first publication in Asia to become an interactive paper magazine.
- How can print demonstrate the future for digital customer experience?
- Learn how brands and publishers can benefit from using augmented reality in their media mix
- Explore the broad scope of applications related to embedded digital invisible marking
- Understand what consumers expect from brands, and how to structure an appropriate response
Hélène Blanchette, Senior Manager, Innovations & Business Transformation, Fuji Xerox Asia-Pacific
Meet the experts roundtables
Join us at our ALL NEW "Meet the Experts Roundtable Forum" where you will have the opportunity to learn, network and share information with your peers and leading industry specialists. With a choice of ten Roundtables, each focusing on a different topic and featuring an expert, this session is not to be missed. Simply choose the Roundtable most pertinent to you and join the discussion! You can also move freely between different roundtables to make sure you get the most out of this session.
- Online Branding Metrics
Kerry Brown, Vice President Southeast Asia, comScore
- Increasing marketing efficiency with data analytics
Stefan Bruun, Founder and Managing Director, Lion&Lion
- Video led strategies to increase audience
Laurent Chivallier, Director of Business Development, Next-Generation Television, SingTel
- Measuring the value of brands
David Clugston, Head, MediaBrands Analytics, Asia
- Engage your audience with SoLoMo
Ari Fadyl, Head of Digital and CRM, Nokia Indonesia
- Social content marketing
Simon Kemp, Managing Director, We Are Social Singapore
- RTB and the future of media trading
Mikko Kotila, Founder and Chief Executive Officer, Statsit
- Social media and ROI
Matt Sutton, Senior Director, Komli
- Basic rules for digital
Elisabeth Winiartati, Digital Communications and E-commerce Manager, Bali Bijaksana Oakley
||Close of Day 1